The purpose of this Mentoring and Coaching Book is to provide the content, process, and context for creating a system of support for those who assist new teachers. It can be a stand-alone resource guide, but is designed to be used in conjunction with the other induction materials and processes including my First-Year Teacher Academy and in the context of a school that is a professional learning community. This notebook, along with the other materials, is intended to give trainers, leaders, and mentors the skills and knowledge needed to create a successful and effective support system for new teachers.
- Be convinced of the impact he has on the lives of his students.
- Be prepared to start the first days of school with confidence.
- Have a well-organized and managed classroom, conducive to learning.
- Lead a classroom characterized by respect, compassion, and high expectations for student learning and behavior.
- Create a learning environment that meets the needs of all students.
- Plan, prepare, teach, and assess lessons in a way that leads to mastery
- Develop a partnership with parents for the benefit of students.
- Exhibit professionalism in and out of the classroom.
- Be supported and encouraged through a relationship with a trained mentor.
- Enjoy a healthy and happy first year.