Develop Kindergarten & 1st grade fluency, number sense, & problem solving using Building Fluency Using Problem Types: Sums to 10 & Differences within 10.
How does it work?
- Which problem type do you want to work on? Choose from Join, Separate, Part-Part-Whole, or Mixed problems. Or if your students are ready for a challenge, use Numberless problems.
- What context do you want to use? Choose from the park, the farm, or a child’s room. Story mats can be printed in color or black & white.
- How do you want your students to record their thinking? After they model on the story mat, then they explain their thinking using pictures, ten frames, number bonds, number lines, and Part-Part-Whole mats and write equations to match.
- 15 interactive teaching PowerPoints, including either Join, Separate, Part-Part-Whole, Mixed, and Numberless word problems
- 3 student Story Mats that match the context of the word problems on the PowerPoints
- 10 student Recording Sheets, including combinations of ten frames, number lines, number bonds, part-part-whole mats, equations, along with number and operation tiles
- 24 page Teacher Guide
This digital book is licensed for one campus. Permission is granted to reproduce student activity pages for your campus only.