Grade 8 Master Measurement is all about 2-D and 3-D measurement with hands-on investigations, puzzling problems, and real life facts. Once the math is uncovered, students solidify their understanding through discussion, practice, and journaling. Activities include lots of scaffolding so measurement is accessible for all students. This book includes activities for the whole class, small groups, and intervention that build the academic language of measurement.
- Discover and use formulas for volume of cylinders, cones, and spheres
- Discover and use the Pythagorean Theorem to solve problems
- Use the Exterior Angle Theorem to solve problems
- Use Angle-Angle Similarity to find similar triangles
- Learn what square root means and how to find it
- Find lateral and total surface area
- Uncover the relationships between angles when parallel lines are cut by a transversal and use the relationships to solve problems
This digital book is licensed for one campus. Permission is granted to reproduce student activity pages for your campus only.