Grade 6 Master Measurement is all about 2-D and 3-D measurement with hands-on investigations, puzzling problems, and real life facts. Once the math is uncovered, students solidify their understanding through discussion, practice, and journaling. Activities include lots of scaffolding so measurement is accessible for all students. This book includes activities for the whole class, small groups, and intervention that build the academic language of measurement.
- Perform conversions using unit rate, tables, and proportions
- Discover and use the formula for area of triangles, parallelograms, and trapezoids
- Area and volume problems, all mixed up
- Solve problems with angles and sides of a triangle
- Discover “big B” in the volume formula and use it to solve problems
This digital book is licensed for one campus. Permission is granted to reproduce student activity pages for your campus only.