5th Grade Order of Operations & Equations is all about connections. Students learn to standardize the way they solve problems using order of operations. They also dissect problems to figure out the equation needed to solve a problem. Activities include major scaffolding so algebraic reasoning becomes accessible to all students, not just the ones who are already reasoning abstractly. This book includes activities for the whole class, small groups, centers, intervention, and guided math that build the academic language of algebraic reasoning.
- Understand the order of operations and how the order connects to problem solving
- Use the order of operations and write it right
- Correct common order of operations mistakes
- Write equations in words and symbols, then solve the problem
- Write word problems to match equations
This digital book is licensed for one campus. Permission is granted to reproduce student activity pages for your campus only.