Using Grade 5 Master Fractions, students use equivalence to teach and review the skills that underpin operation success – simplifying fractions, finding common denominators, changing mixed numbers to improper fractions and vice versa. Then they model, draw, and explain the operations and journal to justify thinking. This book includes activities for the whole class, small groups, centers, intervention, and guided math that build the academic language of the fractions.
- Prereqs for fractions operations: simplify, common denominators, mixed numbers, & improper fractions
- Add and subtract using models and equations
- Divide whole numbers and unit fractions
- Multiply whole numbers & fractions
- All the operations, all mixed up
This digital book is licensed for one campus. Permission is granted to reproduce student activity pages for your campus only.