Using Grade 3 Master Fractions, students model, draw, compose, and decompose fractions, then explain to understand them. They partition to solve problems. They model equivalence and compare fractions. Then justify with lots of journaling. This book includes activities for the whole class, small groups, centers, intervention, and guided math that build the academic language of fractions.
- Model to represent fractions
- Compose and decompose fractions into unit fractions
- Partition fractions to solve problems
- Reason about sizes of fractional parts
- Understand equivalent fractions
- Compare fractions when either the numerator or denominator is the same
This digital book is licensed for one campus. Permission is granted to reproduce student activity pages for your campus only.